Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines 2009

Our Valentines weekend was WONDERFUL!!! Friday night Ryan came home with gifts and told me he was taking us out for dinner. He brought Jackson a red Hot Wheels car and brought me a dozen roses and 3 new Tyler candles (my fave). So my boys took me out to Escalantes and to walk around the town center...so fun! Saturday we had a bday party and then my parents hosted an elegant Valentines dinner for us and Ryan and Kathryn. They went all out, and we had a great time! Sunday was a good day of church, lunch with our small group, and relaxing at home. What made the weekend even better was Ryan had today (Monday) off work! We got an extra day to hang out, go to lunch, shop, and play with Jackson.

Jackson did 2 VERY special things this weekend for the first time:
1. He said his first prayer (longer than amen)... "Dear God, thank you, In Jesus Name, Amen"
I wish I had this on video, b/c it was PRECIOUS!
2. He said GranMartha's name! He had been calling her "HeHe" the past couple weeks and finally said GranMartha "GanMaka" this weekend.

playing at Lupe Tortilla


He likes to get REALLY close to the camera now!

jumping at the bday party

can't get enough of the elephant at Katy Mills
my beautiful roses, candles, and Jackson's car

For GranMartha:



5 comments:

JENNY said...

What a fun weekend!! I love Tyler candles, too. They smell the best! And, that video of Jackson was so cute.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Gran Martha is so very proud!

Kelly

AshlieB said...

That video is too cute! I loved it! Miss you guys!

Jason and Lindsey said...

MB- what a great weekend. My favorite part of the blog was Jackson's prayer update! How precious. I actually got teary eyed. I miss you guys so much. Can't wait to see you all and meet number two soon!

Andrea said...

Glad to see ya'll are doing well! Jackson is getting to be such a big boy!