Monday, March 22, 2010

Zoo


Friday we met some of our friends from church at the Houston Zoo. The zoo was a zoo!!! It was Friday of Spring Break, and ALL of Houston was there. It was so busy that our group had a hard time staying together. So, it ended up being me and my 2 boys walking around the zoo on the busiest day of the year. I tried to make the best of it,but it was definitely a challenge. Here are the 4 pictures I managed to take while pushing a stroller and walking a child on a leash (don't judge).

Ready to ride the train

taking a snack break...what a big boy!

checking out the flamingos

Poor kid was exhausted! He had to walk all day. At one point he laid down on the nasty zoo floor in the middle of a crowd and cried b/c he didn't want to walk anymore. So, I put him in the stroller and carried my 25 pound baby. 5 minutes later I did what any selfless, loving mother would do- made him get up and walk so I could put Ben back in the stroller.

When we got home I asked Jackson what his favorite part about the zoo was. His answer: the playground!
(We actually did have a pleasant time and enjoyed seeing our friends there.)

2 comments:

Wendi said...

You should get a sit and stand stroller! Our friends have one and love it. Anyways, there's advice from a non-mom. haha! Like I know anything! See you soon! :)

the tichenor family said...

You are a rockstar, braving the zoo on a CRAZY DAY with two kiddos! Glad they had fun. We should all try again on a day when it's not so packed.