Did you happen to see this movie last night? I only caught the end of it, but hope to see the whole thing soon! Do you remember Candace Cameron...DJ from Full House? She stars in this new family friendly movie. Anyways, I was reading an interview she did and found out we have something in common...our favorite marriage book!
The interview:
What’s been the best marriage advice that you’ve been given and where did it come from?!
Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl. It will kick your butt…best book on marriage I’ve ever read. The best piece of advice, which ultimately comes from the Bible, is putting your spouses needs before your own. It’s a hard thing to do. It’s not about compromising, it’s not about giving a little here to get something back. It’s about serving them and loving them.
And for those of you at home with little kids, I encourage you to focus on the timing of when you “unload” about your day. Let your spouse enter a peaceful home, with a nice meal…and let them relax. Then let them know how things really were for you. The timing is everything!
Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl. It will kick your butt…best book on marriage I’ve ever read. The best piece of advice, which ultimately comes from the Bible, is putting your spouses needs before your own. It’s a hard thing to do. It’s not about compromising, it’s not about giving a little here to get something back. It’s about serving them and loving them.
And for those of you at home with little kids, I encourage you to focus on the timing of when you “unload” about your day. Let your spouse enter a peaceful home, with a nice meal…and let them relax. Then let them know how things really were for you. The timing is everything!
2 comments:
I just started reading the book. I can't put it down!!!
I got it as a price at Apples!!!!YAY me, I mean US!!ha!!
what channel was that movie on? And thanks for the book suggestion!
Post a Comment