Wednesday, September 7, 2011

August Catch-Up

I can't believe how long it's been since I last blogged! So much has happened...not sure where to begin. I guess a random catch-up of pictures will have to do.

Jackson was so proud of himself for putting together his new David & Goliath puzzle (a dollar store find!!!).
We workout. OK, not really. We do kids yoga, but it totally counts!
Weekly trips to the library continue to be a favorite activity!
We had a family night at Chuck E. Cheese! It was our first time to go, and the boys absolutely had a blast! (Yes, I am referring to Ryan too when I say "the boys")




We stayed at my parents for several days while they were out of town. Jackson decided this table was the perfect ping pong table!!!
Fam Dinner: strawberry lemonade, chips & guacamole, chicken burgers, grilled veggies, & peach and blueberry cobbler! Yum!!!
We had temps below 100 degrees! That called for a trip to the park!

Name writing practice. Go here to print off your own!
Weekly playtime and lunch at Playscape!


Baby Update: I am 19 weeks pregnant now and feeling well! We have our big ultrasound next week and can't wait to find out what we're having! (I predict BOY.)

Jackson has been asking me how this baby in my belly is going to come out. I kept telling him the doctor will take it out at the hospital. The other day he asked me "Is the doctor going to put his hand in your mouth, reach in your belly, and pull the baby out?" I couldn't believe he had thought so hard about it! That was pretty good 4 year old reasoning! Not sure what to do now....not ready for any kind of "talk" yet! Ideas/advice welcome!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't have any advice, just a funny story.One night when I was pregnant with Joshua, (this is prob TMI) there was something-a crumb or what have you, in my belly button. I said, "Hmmm. THere's something in my belly button." Jakob froze. And yelled, "The BABY'S COMING OUT!!!" It was pretty funny. He really believed Josh was coming out.

Unknown said...

Justus was 5 1/2 when Lexi was born. I remember getting that question and feeling the little squirm inside! I told him that God created a special hole for in mommies for babies to come out of and that it wasn't something he was allowed to see.

Of course, with a planned c-section for me, this launched into a conversation about the doctor cutting open mommy's tummy to get HIS SISTER out and that it would be sore for a while.

Monica said...

Oh the baby coming out... I am dealing with that one too. A two weeks ago at the dr they needed to do a "procedure". I had both kids with me. I asked if we could wait a week as I don't want to have to explain things to my daughter yet. They were great with it. I am all for her thinking it comes out my belly button. : )
I am so excited about your 3rd pregnancy. I think it is funny how we have had babies at the same time. I have about 4 weeks and I am ready. Kinda.... : )
Can't wait to hear what you are having.

Brittnie said...

Wow that is too funny. I don't have any advice for you on that one! :) Sorry!!