We started "school" at our house a couple weeks ago! Basically, we just added some structured learning time in our day. The boys are cracking me up with how much they love what we're doing!
We have "calendar time" in the morning. We are learning (mostly through singing) the months of the year, days of the week, weather, a weekly Bible verse, the books of the Bible, colors and shapes (Ben), counting and number patterns, and how to write our names.
We also put the date on the calendar every day and go over the schedule for the day. I printed off a bunch of pictures of the boys doing everyday things and made activity cards. They each have velcro on the back, so we just stick on whatever we're doing that day.
We are super flexible, but it's nice to be able to say "no you can't play the wii right now because it's puzzle time." :-) It helps for the boys to see what their choices are.
Do you do calendar/circle time with your kiddos? I'd love to hear what you do!!!
(I printed off a lot of these materials from this website.)
2 comments:
Love it! It's like you looking through a window into my future! We have been following a schedule too (Manager of their homes by Maxwells) and I was just about to start working on Calendar, seasons etc.during one of our blocks of time. Such great ideas you gave. I am not creative at all so I am glad you gave the website :) It looks adorable!
You are so creative, Mary Beth. I may have to steal some ideas from you sometime!
Post a Comment