Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My life is a little bit CRAZY right now, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ben will be 6 weeks old tomorrow, and he is already changing so much! He has started smiling at us, which we absolutely love. He loves to take a bath, nurse all the time, ride in the BabyBjorn, and tummy time. He does not like his car seat, laying on his back, getting hot and sweaty, or being left alone. He is a great sleeper. I have turned to the dark side of letting your baby "cry it out" when they're tired. I would have never dreamed of doing this with Jackson...we didn't sleep for a year and a half. Ben cries for a few minutes and then is sound asleep for a while. You may think I'm evil, but this mama needs some sleep! He is a really good baby, and brings our family much joy.

Jackson will be 2 in 2 weeks...WHAT! How do I have a 2 year old already? He is MR. PERSONALITY all the time. He is such a chatterbox and has me laughing all day long with the things he says. Lately he is always "ready to go" somewhere: GranMartha's house, Chick-fil-A, the mall, the playground, Disney World, Great Dad's house to see cows, the beach, the swimming pool, Bible Class, Uncle Ryan's house, get a haircut, HEB, and Switzerland. He tells me he's ready to go to most of these places every day! :-)


5 1/2 weeks
Ben is getting so chunky!

testing out the Bumbo

Jackson DESPISED this crib for a year and a half. Now he begs to get in it with his brother...go figure.

I think Ben is looking more like Ryan every day

Biker Ben

Jackson loves his new picnic table from Pops & GranMartha

We have breakfast picnics, b/c it's too hot outside by lunch time!
We're going to the beach soon...anyone have any "must-haves" for toddlers and babies at the beach???

One last thing- I said goodbye to my dear Jetta this week. I felt a little bit sad about it (is that weird?). I got it my senior year of high school as a gift from my parents. It got me through 4 fun years of college, my first 2 years of marriage in NY, and I even brought Jackson home from the hospital in it. So many happy memories! I was really happy that it went to a family friend who needed it, and I know she'll enjoy it. Now I have a grown-up/mom car! My dad got a new car (mid-life crisis convertible), so he graciously gave me his TrailBlazer. Thanks Dad!!! I love driving it. The best part is not having to bend over to buckle carseats!

So much for Wordless Wednesday.

6 comments:

JENNY said...

Ben is super cute. Glad he is sleeping well and you are getting more sleep this time around. Have fun at the beach!

AshlieB said...

SO glad you have a good sleeper this time around. You aren't the first momma I've heard of doing it a little different the second time around... with 2 you don't have the luxury of sleeping during the day when the baby naps so you gotta do what you gotta do!! I have a friend with quadruplets and there is just no way not to CIO when you have 4 at the same time... they are almost 2 now and super still great sleepers and enjoy their sleep!! Don't feel guitly, you're doing great keep it up!

Jamie said...

How much fun with those two! We do the cry it out thing too...I firmly believe it is in the baby's best interest to promote good sleep habits...hard to hear sometimes though. We take Josiah's pack n play when we go to the beach. If if is windy you can put them in the there to play and drape towels over the sides to block the blowing sand. Also great for naps. I highly recommend taking an umbrella or canopy. And we always take a jug of water to rinse off the sand just before getting in the car. We are still learning to do the beach thing with a kid too...in fact, we are going Saturday so if I learn anything new I will let you know!

Monica said...

Sweet little Ben has such his own features. What a cute little guy he is!!! Good for you on "training" him to sleep. I wouldn't have it any other way even though people will say you are evil. It is just so much easier. Honestly, it really should be more about Mommy's sanity and sleep. : ) I was thinking about you today and wondering how things are. Glad to have an updated post to come check. : ) You are such a sweet Mom. I hope Jackson makes it to Switzerland soon. :)

Matt and Jenny said...

Mary Beth! What a beautiful baby boy! Ben is just adorable! I can't believe he is already 6 weeks! Hope your sweet family has a wonderful week.

Ashley said...

Look at your sweet baby boy; what a handsome little guy!! WAY to go for letting your little cutie cry it out; when you have two, it changes everything and YES momma needs sleep! I always said, happy mommy= happy family (I know that sounds selfish but OH well)!! Love Jacksons little picnic table and that's a great idea about morning/breakfast picnic... it's just too stinking HOT out there! Miss seeing you! :)